Here's another recipe in progress. I saw these peanut butter, chocolate, and pretzel cookies on Pinterest a while back, pinned them, and forgot about them. But I've been having domestic urges lately and I decided to try these during one of my bouts of baking. However, I didn't have the required ingredients, so I made some... substitutions. Enter google and my first attempt at improvising a recipe for baked goods...
This recipe is a Work In Progress because I'm still working on:
- the base cookie recipe.
- amount of peanut butter: I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter cookies, and I found these a bit too peanut buttery, so I'll probably reduce the amount in the future
- hot chocolate powder vs. cocoa powder: i like the idea of having them more chocolatey, so I'll do more cocoa powder next time (not hot chocolate).
- how much mix-in to use and what type: i like the idea of having more chocolate or Reese Pieces, but I was limited with what I had on hand. I think the pretzel amount is probably good, and might consider smashing them up a bit (I used whole alphabet pieces this time)
I used Carnation brand hot chocolate powder and President's Choice alphabet pretzels.
Sweet 'N Salty Cookies
Ease: 1 very easy
Time: 2 quick (plus cooking time)
Ingredients: 1 easy
Source: Based on Reese Peanut Butter Cookies, Reese's Pieces Cookies, and these Pretzel & PB Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup white flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 T hot chocolate powder
- 1/4 + 1.5 T butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup pretzel pieces
- 1/2 cup mixed mini Reese peanut butter cups and Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix butter, peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla in one bowl.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and hot chocolate powder in another.
- Mix wet into dry.
- Add pretzels and other mix-ins.
- Make into golf ball-sized balls and put on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cook 10-12 minutes.